How to find CD or DVD Device Driver for your PC?
Are you trying to figure out the right CD or DVD device driver for your computer? Well, you’ve reached the right place!
A device driver lets your computer perform specific functions when required. If you want to use a printer, play a CD or DVD, or use Bluetooth, you should have respective drivers installed for your computer. Usually, when you buy a PC with an operating system, essential device drivers are already built into it.
But there is always a probability that you bought the PC and the operating system from separate vendors, or you have reinstalled the PC with an OS, or the drivers got corrupt. In any of these cases, you would have to install the relevant device driver to let the component function properly. If you are not able to use a CD or DVD on your PC, there are chances that there is problem with the CD or DVD driver. Check these tips to find CD/ DVD device drivers for your PC.
- Open Device Manager and see if there is a CD/DVD category. It will show if the driver is already installed on your PC or not.
- If you can see CD/DVD-ROM drivers in the list, but you’re not able to use the CD or DVD, the drivers may be outdated or corrupt. In this case, you can choose to either update the driver using the Internet or reinstall the latest version of CD/ DVD device driver as per your PC’s requirements.
If you do not see a driver for CD/ DVD, the drivers may be missing from your PC. To get it back to its functional state, install them on your PC promptly. You can find CD/ DVD Drivers on the Internet from the manufacturer’s website. There are many other websites too that offer CD/DVD device driver for a PC. These are third-party sites and you cannot be assured of its authenticity. Many websites claiming to provide device drivers pose a threat to security of your PC as they can infect it with virus, Trojan, malware or spyware. So, refrain from using such websites and only install programs from the official website of the manufacturer.
Before you install any driver on your PC, make sure
- The CD/DVD Driver is compatible with the brand and model of your PC
- The source of CD/ DVD device driver is genuine
- The drivers are up-to-date
Wasn’t that easy? If you’re still not able to find the right source for installing CD/DVD driver or if you are facing Driver Update Issue, you can take tech support from iYogi. Our technicians can help you find and install the right CD/DVD driver for your PC and fix the issue in no time via remote support or over the phone.