3 Ways to Update your Windows sound driver
One of the ways to update sound driver is by downloading and installing updated driver. You can visit the manufacturer’s website and download your sound drivers and then install them on your system by yourself. Here’s how:
- Visit the support section on the manufacturer’s website and Download the required updated sound driver
- Save the downloaded driver to a location on your system
- Now, click the Start button and go to the Control Panel and click on System and Security
- Under System, click Device Manager – here you might have to type an administration password and provide confirmation if prompted.
- In the list of hardware categories, find the device that you want to update, then double-click the device name
- Click the Driver tab, click Update Driver, and then go on following the installation instructions
- Click Finish to complete the installation
- Restart the system to complete the process
Most drivers are self-installing.Â You just need to download them from the website and save them on your system followed by double-click on the file to begin the installation.
Another way to update Windows sound drivers is via Windows Update. You can check Windows Update to see whether it has found any updated driver for your hardware or not. If it shows an updated driver, you can immediately install them on your system. Here’s how:
- Go to Windows Update section via clicking on start button
- In the left pane of Windows Update section, check for recent updates
- Click on the important updates about which you want to know more
- Select the check box for updated drivers that you want to install, and then click OK
- Later, you will be informed by the Windows Update that your sound drivers have been successfully installed
The third way to update Windows sound driver is by setting your Windows to automatically get available driver updates for your hardware and install the recommended updates as needed.
Depending upon your requirement and availability, you can choose any of the above given options to update sound driver in your system.