How to Install a Driver When I Cannot Access to the Internet?
Do you need to install a new device driver on your laptop computer or has the driver corrupted during hard drive crash or outdated? In such cases, you need to install a new device driver on your computer or update your outdated driver in order to fix the issue by downloading a current version of drivers. But, what if you cannot access Internet for some reasons or your Internet connection has stopped working suddenly. Updating or installing drivers without Internet connection is difficult. But, it is not an impossible task to perform.
What are the options to install drivers without Internet connection?Â
You can work around this problem of installing or updating driver by –
- Using another PC connected to the Internet
- Using installation CD
- If you do not have the CD, order the CD from the manufacturer.
Follow these steps to install drivers using an installation disc: Â Â
- In order to install device drivers using a disc, you need to use ‘Device Manager’ option. Go to ‘Start’ button. Select and right-click on ‘My Computer’ and choose ‘Properties’ from the pull-down list.
- When the system properties window opens, select ‘Hardware’ tab.
- Select ‘Device Manager’.
- Click the plus sign (+) to expand the device driver for which you want to install the driver.
- Select ‘Update Driver’ when you need to update the driver.
- Click the radio button next to ‘Next’ option to launch the ‘Hardware Driver Wizard’
- Now, place in driver the installation CD and click the first radio button to install the driver update.
- Next, click ‘Next’ to allow Windows OS to search for the appropriate updates and install them.
Using another PC with Internet connection
If you face some problems in accessing Internet connection, then you need to use another computer with working Internet connection. Ask any of your friends or if they are busy, head to any cyber-cafe or a library to locate a PC with Internet connection is working. If you are using another computer, make sure you are carrying a USB flash drive so that you can copy and carry the downloaded driver file for installing on your PC. At the same time, you should also note down the model number of the device for which you need the driver or driver updates. You need this model number if the device was bundled with your PC. However, if you have purchased the device separately, from a store, then you can find the details from the manufacturer’s website.
Go to the manufacturer’s website from that Internet-enabled computer you are using. You will find an option that may say either ‘support’ similar to ‘Support’. There, you need to type in and search for the exact model number. If the PC happens to be an HP or Dell, then you need to search for the drivers from the ‘Resources’ section. ‘Resources’ page will redirect you to the page wherein you will find the driver for that exact model number. Click to download the driver for the device. Once downloaded, copy and paste the driver file to the USB flash drive.
Installing New Drivers
Back home, plug the USB flash driver to your computer and select ‘Start’ button. From there, select ‘My Computer’. Locate and click the USB flash drive from the list of storage devices. When the USB flash drive opens, copy and paste the downloaded driver file on the desktop or under ‘Program files’. Double click on the driver file to install on your PC. First of all, you need to ‘Run’ the ‘.exe’ file. When the installation wizard opens, follow the instructions by clicking ‘Next’ or selecting your preferred options from the installation wizard.
Thus, you can successfully install driver without any Internet connection on your PC or when you cannot access Internet connection on your PC. Call iYogi to get technical assistance in stalling driver by certified technicians.
Call toll free 1 877 720 7610